Here are the rules of the contest:
- Thank and link back to the amazing person who nominated you. (Thank you, Lorna!)
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself
Okay, here are my seven facts:
1. I actually considered joining the military--U.S. Air Force, to be exact--when I was a senior in high school.
2. I have never learned to swim.
3. In addition to writing and cake decorating, my other creative endeavors include ceramics and cross stitch... I just have time for neither one!
4. In 1991, we were in Rome where my brother-in-law was ordained by Pope (now Saint) John Paul II... and I got to touch the hand of the man who was recently canonized and has been declared Patron of the Catholic Literary Revival!
5. When my husband, Paul, and I married in July of 1988, we drove to Niagara Falls, NY for our honeymoon (in a 1985 Nissan pickup truck with NO air conditioning!) It was the summer of one of the worst droughts ever and when we crossed the Mississippi River at St. Louis, it was nothing but mud!
6. I was born and raised in El Paso, TX and had never traveled any further east than Carlsbad, NM before my honeymoon (see #6) and had never traveled anywhere but in the state of New Mexico!
7. My maiden name is Romero and my parents and siblings all have Hispanic first names (Gilberto, Juana, Carlos, and one older and one younger sister named Maria)... and then there's me: Amy. No, it's not an "Americanized" name or nickname. That's what my older sister wanted to name me and that's my given name!
Nominate fifteen other amazing blogs and remember to comment on their blogs to let them know you have nominated them. Also, follow the blogger who nominated you.
Here are the 15 people I’ve nominated. Do yourself a favor and check out their blogs and writing, too:
Sharon Arthur Moore http://sharonarthurmoore.blogspot.com/
Marilyn Meredith http://marilynmeredith.blogspot.com/
John M. Wills http://www.johnmwills.com/
Mike Orenduff http://thepotthief.blogspot.com/
Rabbi Ilene Schneider http://rabbiauthor.com/
James R. Callan http://www.jamesrcallan.com/blog/
Laura Pearl http://mumsie2five.blogspot.com/
Erin McCole Cupp http://erinmccolecupp.com/
Aimee and David Thurlo http://aimeeanddavidthurlo.com/index.php
Lesley A. Diehl http://lesleyadiehl.com/blog/
Holli Castillo http://www.gumbojustice.blogspot.com/
Cynthia T. Toney http://birdfacewendy.wordpress.com/
Jon Konecsni http://apiusman.blogspot.com/
Marilyn Levinson http://www.marilynlevinson.com/blog/